Republic to be Site of Leadership Book Discussions in 2019
The 2019 schedule for Republic’s leadership book discussions has been finalized. The program’s ultimate goal is to get residents and business leaders reading and talking about leadership, according to the MU Extension Office of Southwest Missouri.
The discussions – which are free to attend – will take place at the Republic branch of the Springfield-Greene County Library for one hour. If you’re hoping to attend, read or listen to the book ahead of time.
The schedule can be found here:
- "O Great One: Little Story About the Awesome Power of Recognition" by David Novack. The discussion is led by David Burton at noon, Jan. 8, 2019.
- "You Win in the Locker Room First: The 7 C's to Build a Winning Team in Business, Sports, and Life" by Jon Gordon and Mike Smith. The discussion is led by Republic Schools Superintendent Chance Wistrom at noon on March 12, 2019.
- “Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die” by Chip Heath and Dan Heath. The discussion is led by David Burton at noon on May 14, 2019.
- "21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership" by John Maxwell. The discussion is led by Pamela Duitsman, county engagement specialist with University of Missouri Extension, at noon on Sept. 10, 2019.
- "The Leadership Mind Switch: Rethinking How We Lead in the New World of Work" by D.A. Benton and Kylie Wright-Ford. The discussion is led by David Burton at noon on Nov. 12, 2019.
- “The Power of Positive Leadership: How and Why Positive Leaders Transform Teams and Organizations and Change the World” by Jon Gordon. The discussion is led by David Burton at noon on Jan. 14, 2020.
The Republic Branch Library is located at 921 N Lindsey Ave, Republic, MO 65738.
For more information, contact David Burton in Greene County at (417) 881-8909 or via email at email@example.com.