Public Meetings on SPS Long-Range Facility Master Plan Begin this Week
The Springfield Public School District wants to know what the public thinks about the long-range facility master plan recently presented to the Board of Education.
The plan offers two options for addressing needs identified during an assessment of about 60 buildings by an independent team of facility experts earlier this year.
A series of community meetings to gather input about the proposed improvements starts this week.
According to SPS, “parents, students, employees and community members are invited to attend one of 10 scheduled meetings to learn more about the proposed options and to provide their feedback.”
Schedule of community input meetings:
- Monday, Oct. 17, 6:30 p.m., Sunshine Elementary School
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, 9 a.m., Kraft Administrative Center
- Thursday, Oct. 20, 6:30 p.m.,Cherokee Middle School
- Monday, Oct. 24, 6:30 p.m., Hillcrest High School
- Tuesday, Oct. 25, 6:30 p.m., Jarrett Middle School
- Thursday, Oct. 27, 6:30 p.m., Pipkin Middle School
- Wednesday, Nov. 2, 9:15 a.m., Wilson's Creek Intermediate School, SCPTA Council Meeting
- Thursday, Nov. 3, 6:30 p.m., Pershing K-8 School
- Monday, Nov. 7, 6:30 p.m., Reed Academy
- Thursday, Nov. 10, 4 p.m., Parkview High School
You can also provide feedback online.