Missouri Broadcasters Association Scholarship
If you’re currently enrolled, or planning to enroll, in a broadcast-related curriculum, you may be eligible for a scholarship through the Missouri Broadcasters Association. Applications submitted to KSMU Radio must be received or postmarked by March 10, 2023.
- Must be a Missouri resident.
- Must be currently attending a Missouri college, university or accredited tech/trade school or be a graduating high school senior who has been admitted to a Missouri institution of higher learning.
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a broadcast or related curriculum, which provides training and expertise applicable to a broadcast operation.
- Must be a full-time student for every semester the scholarship is awarded. Full-time status requires enrollment in at least 12 credit hours.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent, which must be maintained for each semester of the scholarship.
- A completed application.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Essay (three pages, typed, single spaced). Please see the application for subjects that must be addressed.
- Applicants must submit their completed application form and all attachments to a single participating MBA member station in their home area. Only one application will be accepted per student per year.
Each participating radio or television station will select the top applicant from those received and submit their candidate to the MBA Scholarship Committee for consideration. The committee will review the qualifications of candidates from throughout the state in order to narrow the field of scholarship candidates. The selection committee will use the following information during its evaluation process:
- The applicant’s curriculum and career goals.
- Clarity of thought and expression.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Community involvement and extracurricular activities.
- Financial need. (While not a primary consideration, applicants should provide information as to how their education is funded.)
For More Information Visit: Missouri Broadcasters Association Scholarship
Applications must reach KSMU by March 10, 2023. Please send application with all necessary materials to:
Ozarks Public Television
901 S National
Springfield, MO 65897
You may also hand-deliver your application to our office in Strong Hall, Room 115, 900 South Holland, Springfield, MO 65897.