Weekend Outlook March 23-25, 2012
- The Missouri State baseball team will host Creighton tonight (3/23) at 6:30, tomorrow afternoon (3/24) at 2 and Sunday afternoon (3/25) at 1 at Hammons Field. For tickets, 836-7678.
- The Springfield-Greene County Library District will hold storytimes today (3/23) at various library branches. For details, www.thelibrary.org.
- The Friday Night Film Series continues tonight (3/23) at the Park Central Branch Library with the showing of the film “The Cove,” rated PG-13. Adults are invited. To learn more, 831-1342.
- The program “Demystifying Vegetarianism” will be held tomorrow afternoon (3/24) at 1:30 at the Midtown Carnegie Branch Library. To register for this introduction to vegetarianism, call 862-0135.
- Learn all about raising chickens during a program tomorrow afternoon (3/24) at 2 at the Library Station. For details, 865-1340.
- The 22ndEureka Springs Kite Festival takes place tomorrow (3/24) from 10 am to 4 pm at the Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge on Route 23 seven miles south of town. Take kites, chairs and coolers or you can buy a kite at the event. For more information, 479-253-6596.
- The Springfield Conservation Nature Center’s Hiking Club will explore the Robert E. Talbot Conservation Area tomorrow (3/24). To register and for more information, 888-4237.
- Try your hand at woodcarving during the program “The Art of Woodcarving” tomorrow morning (3/24) at 10 at the Nature Center. To register, 888-4237.
- Members of the Southern Missouri Woodcarving Artists will demonstrate carving techniques and sell some of their art pieces tomorrow (3/24) from 10 to 4 at the Nature Center.
- John McLaughlin, author of In the Shadow of the Mountain, will sign books in the Community Room of the West Plains Public Library tomorrow (3/24) from 3 to 6.
- Millwood Golf and Racquet Club will host the Challenge the Links 5/10K Run and a One Mile Fun Run/Walk tomorrow (3/24) to benefit the Victim Center of the Ozarks. For details, www.ozarkraces.com.
- The Ozark Regional Lily Society will hold a Bulb Sale tomorrow (3/24) from 10 am to 4 pm at the Springfield-Greene County Botanical Center at Nathanael Greene-Close Memorial Park. To learn more, 891-1515.
- The Farmers Market of the Ozarks is holding a Special Winter Market each Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm through the end of March at the corner of Republic Rd. and National.
- Certified Scuba Divers are invited to take part in an Underwater Poker Tournament tomorrow (3/24) from 1 to 4 at DiVentures on S. Campbell to benefit Children’s Miracle Network. To find out more, 883-5151.
- ArtistsoftheOzarks.com will host a show and sale Sunday (3/25) from noon to 4 at WannaGetta PIZZA, 3302 S. National. The restaurant will not be open to serve food during the show. A portion of the proceeds will go to C.A.R.E., a no-kill animal shelter in Southwest Missouri. For more information, 880-1572.