Glass It Up! Official Rules
Glass It Up! KSMU’s Design Contest
Official Contest Rules
Summary of Contest:
KSMU listeners are invited to submit an original piece of artwork for Glass It Up! KSMU’s Design Contest. A panel of judges will select no more than five (5) finalists from the entries submitted. KSMU Radio reserves the right to select fewer finalists, based on the total number and quality of entries. The public will be invited to view artwork by the finalists online and vote to determine the winning design. The winning design will be posted on ksmu.org and featured on the new KSMU pint glass. The winner will also receive a Grand Prize consisting of a $200 gift card to Alamo Drafthouse. Second and third prize gift card packages ($75 and $25 respectively) will also be awarded.
· Fit within the allotted 3inx3in imprint area
· Be an original piece produced by the artist
· Incorporate the KSMU call letters. Featuring “Ozarks Public Radio” or “91.1FM” is allowed, but optional. However, the entry should include original illustration and not simply constitute a redesign the KSMU logo, as the KSMU logo will also appear elsewhere on the pint glass.
· Not include the NPR logo, or any mention of NPR or National Public Radio
· Be submitted as an electronic file. Examples include: .eps, .ai, .jpg, .pdf, .png.
· Be submitted no earlier than Friday, July 13th and no later than Friday, August 10th at 5pm
How to Enter:
To enter the contest:
· Submit your original artwork in an electronic format using the online entry form at www.ksmu.org/design.
· Email your entry to email@example.com.
· Drop off your design on a DVD or USB drive and completed entry form at KSMU Radio, located in Strong Hall 115 on the Missouri State University campus (900 South Holland, Springfield MO). Printed or hand-drawn designs will not be considered.
Employees of Ozarks Public Broadcasting, their immediate family, or persons living in the same household are not eligible to win Glass It Up! KSMU’s Design Contest. The contest is open to any United States resident. Void where prohibited by law. Limit: one entry per artist.
The top finalists will be determined by a panel of judges. Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, and adherence to the dimensional/format requirements (see Submission Guidelines). Inclusion of inappropriate language, or any other content that makes the design less than “family friendly,” may cause disqualification.
Selection and Notification of Winner:
The winner will be chosen through online voting of KSMU listeners. The winning design will be announced on-air the week August 27th. The winner will also be notified by email and/or telephone. In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected by a panel of judges.
Listeners will be invited to vote for their favorite finalist online at www.ksmu.org. Voters will be required to enter their email addresses when voting. One vote per email address, per day is allowable.
By participating in Glass It Up! KSMU’s Design Contest, participants agree to be bound by these official rules and all decisions of the panel of judges. Participants agree that KSMU Radio and Missouri State University, their agents and employees will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from participant’s use of prizes or participation in the contest. By submitting a design, participants grant KSMU sole use of the artwork online and in print for purposes of station promotion. Artwork may not be used publicly or commercially for any other purpose by the artist or otherwise.
Name of contest winner may be obtained by sending a request prior to December 31, 2018 to KSMU Radio Design Contest, Attention: Kiriana Mack-Hansen, 901 South National Avenue, Springfield, MO 65897. These official rules are on file at KSMU Radio.