Visitors To CoxHealth, Mercy To Be Screened For Illness
Mercy Springfield and CoxHealth will begin screening all visitors for illness starting Tuesday, March 17. Visitors to Mercy will have their temperature checked and will be asked about their recent travel history. They should use the main south entrance.
Mercy facilities that will require screenings are:
- Mercy Hospital Springfield
- Mercy Kids Children’s Hospital
- Mercy Heart Hospital Springfield
- Mercy Orthopedic Hospital Springfield
- Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Springfield
- Mercy Hospital Aurora
- Mercy Hospital Cassville
- Mercy Hospital Lebanon
- Mercy St. Francis Hospital (Mountain View, Missouri)
Patients can still access valet parking at the Heart Hospital (west) entrance.
Patients can have one visitor per day. Exceptions may be made for those who are near end-of-life.
At CoxHealth, visitors will be asked to enter at designated locations where a fever and symptom check will occur. Those entrances are:
- Cox South: North Entrance, West Tower Entrance, East ground floor entrance
- Meyer Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Hospital: East Entrance, West Entrance
- Cox North: FMCC Entrance, Northwest Entrance
- Cox Branson: Main Entrance, Outpatient Lobby (east and west), Cancer Center
- Cox Monett: North Entrance
- Cox Barton County: ED Entrance
All Emergency Departments and Urgent Cares will remain open.
Other restrictions include:
- Only one visitor per patient per day.
- No visitor will be allowed to visit patients with suspected COVID-19.
- No one under the age of 18, with the exception of those seeking medical care, will be permitted into CoxHealth facilities. This age restriction includes all CoxHealth hospitals and clinics.