Cassville Inundated With Floodwaters Wednesday
Flooding impacted about half of the city of Cassville late in the day Wednesday as several inches of rain feel in a short period of time.
Several roads in the town were closed, including Highway 37, and emergency workers performed four water rescues. Multiple homes and businesses were affected.
A flood warning for central Barry County continues until 10:30 this morning. According to the National Weather Service, this warning includes, but is not limited to these low water crossings:
- Route Y at Flat Creek just northeast of Cassville.
- Route C just south of Mcdowell.
- Highway 39 at Flat Creek south of Jenkins.
- Highway 39 at Flat Creek near Jenkins.
- Route U, 8 miles east of Purdy.