Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield is now completely closed to the public to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
According to a news release, the emergency closure is “for the maintenance of public health and safety and is in direct response to guidance from state and federal health officials.”
The battlefield had been open until last Saturday, except for the visitor center, and fees waived.
Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield superintendent, Ross Runge, said they will lift the closure as soon as possible.
"“It was a difficult decision to close the Battlefield," Runge said in a news release. "Every day, many people enjoy the resources available here, but closing will help protect the community, visitors, and employees from the COVID-19 virus. We will continue to be good stewards of your National Treasure and will welcome you back as soon as possible.”
For more information, nps.gov/wicr or (417) 732-2662.