Packet Pick Up Begins Today for Springfield City Council Seats on April 2 Ballot
Those wishing to serve on Springfield’s City Council can pick up packets at the City Clerk's Office in the Busch Municipal Building starting this morning (10/1). Six seats will be up for election on April 2: Mayor; Zones 2, 3 and 4; and General Seats C and D.
The first day for filing will be Dec. 3, and completed applications must be delivered to the City Clerk’s Office during normal business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) Dec. 3 through Jan. 15.
Today’s also the day that the city will begin taking applications for the council seat vacated by Kristi Fulnecky. The former councilwoman resigned recently while announcing that she’s moving to Nixa.
City Council will appoint someone to fill the seat until the April 2 election.
You can apply in the Springfield City Clerk’s office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today through October 12.
Qualifications Necessary to Apply for Springfield City Council:
- Must be a registered voter in the City of Springfield
- Must have been a resident of the City of Springfield for at least two years prior to appointment
- Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.1 (Felony Conviction)
- Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.2(I) (Delinquent Taxes)
- Must have completed and filed Missouri Department of Revenue form 5120 per state law RsMO 115.306(2).
Council will review the applications at a meeting October 16th and is expected to conduct finalist interviews October 25.