Starting Monday, October 1, applications will be accepted for those who want to apply to fill the Springfield City Council Seat C position vacated by Kristi Fulnecky’s resignation.
You can apply in the Springfield City Clerk’s office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. October 1st through the 12th.
Applications can be downloaded or picked up in the clerk’s office on the fourth floor of the Springfield Municipal Building, 840 N. Boonville.
City Council will appoint someone to fill the seat until the April 2 election.
Requirements to apply:
• Must be a registered voter in the City of Springfield
• Must have been a resident of the City of Springfield for at least two years prior to appointment
• Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.1 (Felony Conviction)
• Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.2(I) (Delinquent Taxes)
• Must have completed and filed Missouri Department of Revenue form 5120 per state law RsMO 115.306(2).
Council will review the applications at a meeting October 16th and is expected to conduct finalist interviews October 25.
Fulnecky resigned last week, saying her family is moving to Nixa. Members of Springfield City Council must live within the city limits.